ESTRONICS, Estonia’s smart electronics cluster is a cooperation platform for export-oriented companies of electronic and electrical devices, related services and organisations. Cluster has been established by the Estonian Electronics Industries Association.
- elaborating new products and services with high added value in cooperation with cluster partners and third parties;
- increasing the professional skills and competences of cluster partners;
- promoting export and internationalisation of partner companies.
Electronics as enabling technology is used in all knowledge-based industry fields (automotive industry, energy industry, chemical industry, renewable energy etc) as a product component or in production devices. Therefore cooperation with umbrella organizations as sales channels on target markets are highly welcomed. There is a wide range of services offered by the cluster and cluster partners:
- trainings designed for electronics and plastic companies (product development, engineering, intellectual property rights and contracts, export sales);
- electronic engineering services from planning to prototyping;
- electronics manufacturing services from small to large amounts;
- integrating plastic components and products in electronic manufacturing.
Main competence fields of the cluster are:
- electronics design;
- hardware complex development;
- embedded systems & computing;
- electronics manufacturing service.
The cluster unites 18 partners – 13 companies, three research institutions (University of Tartu, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonian Art Academy) and two professional associations (Estonian Electronics Industries Association, Estonian Plastics Association). Most of the partner companies in the cluster are developers of electronics products and services. The Estonian Electronics Industries Association is the founder and umbrella organisation of the cluster.