Estonian Wooden Houses Cluster was created in order to improve the international competitiveness, raise the added value and export turnover of cluster companies through international cooperation between companies, R&D and educational institutions in the fields of joint marketing, product development and competence building.
- international cooperation between Estonian wooden houses producers, R&D and educational institutions in the fields of joint marketing, product development and competence building.
- Development of Estonian Woodhouse Portal – www.woodhouse.ee
- Publishing of Estonian Wooden Houses newspaper
- Providing the sector and media with communication and information about the cluster and sector activities.
- Organizing the contest “Pre-Fab House of the Year”
- Organizing the Vocational Competition for Handcrafted Log Home Builders.
- Organizing architectural contest for students in cooperation with universities.
- Study/trade fair visits to the priority markets of cluster members.
- Air-tightness and thermovision studies.
- Study of cold bridges in wooden constructions.
- Competence enhancing events for cluster members – seminars and conferences.
The cluster was created by 20 organizations (including 12 companies producing wooden houses). At the moment, there are 46 organizations in the cluster (including 29 companies producing wooden houses). Companies profiles are available on the EWHC cluster webpage: http://woodhouse.ee/en/members/
Cluster Management Excellence: Bronze Label